WELCOME

Welcome to the Urban Culture course at Avila University created by Susan Lawlor and Dotty Hamilton.  We travel with our students to great cities to explore art museums, engage with the architecture, study the local film and music venues, and experience the ethnic enclaves as a way to learn about the culture of urban spaces and the interaction of art and environment.  It's a fun, intense learning environment.  

Friday, May 15, 2015

Marche Jean-Talon

We caught a glimpse of this large produce market in Little Italy during our multicultural tour. The entire class wanted to come back, so we made it our post-contemporary art lunch spot.

2 comments:

  1. I must say this was an amazing trip with a wonderful group of people! My top three favorite things were the Old Montreal tour, food-tour and the improve! In both of these tours the tour guide was so positive and really seemed interested in what they were telling us about. They both had a way of making us feel excited about what we were listening to so it did not feel like much of a tour. The Old Montreal tour was really interesting to see how much she knew about her city and how happy it made her. All the beautiful buildings and art around was something I could have looked at all day. I wish I knew more about Kansas City and all of our unique history like I now know about montreal. The food tour was a good variety of things. Some of the things were so good! I think the Gnocchi was my favorite. Finally, the improve was just hilarious and a wonderful way to end a great trip. Nothing will beat the way Eric and one of the guys looked and acted alike. Though the planned activities were fun I REALLY enjoyed how our group chose to do things together in our free time instead of breaking away. Also I liked where our hotel was located it seemed to be close to everything! Finally thank you for encouraging me to try all the new foods that I did because before I was not willing to and now I am more open to try things!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The anonymous comment is mine. lol

    ReplyDelete