WELCOME

Welcome to the Urban Culture course at Avila University created by Susan Lawlor and Dotty Hamilton.  We travel with our students to great cities to explore art museums, engage with the architecture, study the local film and music venues, and experience the ethnic enclaves as a way to learn about the culture of urban spaces and the interaction of art and environment.  It's a fun, intense learning environment.  

Friday, October 18, 2013

Grande Luxe Cafe

We all had lunch on Michigan Ave after our morning tour of Millennium Park.  Fabulous food - here's my A'hi Tuna Salad.  The portions were huge.  I saw the students had a few take-home boxes.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! This place was awesome, I had the Bento Box of the Day and I chose the salmon with salad and soup. The salmon was so great that every time I think about it my mouth gets watery. I had such a good time visiting with my trip friends while enjoying the four course meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this trip. I have never had a class trip before, for this being my first one I had a great experience. I got to visit and tease every one of my classmate which I would not have done it before this trip.

    ReplyDelete