WELCOME

Welcome to the Urban Culture course at Avila University created by Susan Lawlor and Dotty Hamilton.  We travel with our students to great cities to explore art museums, engage with the architecture, study the local film and music venues, and experience the ethnic enclaves as a way to learn about the culture of urban spaces and the interaction of art and environment.  It's a fun, intense learning environment.  

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Poutine

I think this food was a big hit with the students.  Thanks to Shaun for getting me to eat some before I left

5 comments:

  1. Of course I'm going to comment on this! Poutine obviously became a mild addiction of mine during this trip and I'll have to force myself to avoid potatos and gravy for a while. It was definitely a privilege to eat Montréal's gastronomical treasure whenever I wanted to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I did notice in Montreal was that they had amazing food! Poutine was one of my favorites. I am a picky eater so I was worried about what I would eat on the trip, and I was able to find lots of things to try and liked almost everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie
      I thought the food in Montreal was great - lots of fresh food.

      Delete
  3. Poutine poutine, I can say I have a love and mild hate relationship but no regrets on eating it as much as I did. This meal was the go to on this trip for almost any occasion. My favorite one has to be the breakfast poutine that was discovered on our last day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food in Montreal was amazing in my opinion it was a fun and interesting experience to get to try all of the food. But of all that we tried the poutine was the best by far and I surely will miss it.

    ReplyDelete